Sofia Mînzatu – Law Office is a full service corporate and commercial law office located in Bucharest and founded in 2006. It offers a wide range of legal services related to corporate recovery, including financial restructuring and reorganisation, distressed M&A, financings, investigations as well as traditional administration, liquidation and bankruptcy appointments.
The main services provided by our correspondent law office are:
- Advice to companies in distress and their main stakeholders in any type of work-outs, restructuring or insolvency procedures;
- Advocacy in court on behalf of debtors or creditors in restructuring and insolvency cases;
- Advice to investors on financing options, including state aid schemes;
- Assistance in distressed M&A engagements, either on buy-side or sell-side;
- Advice to creditors and representation at meetings on their behalf;
- Advice to directors of insolvent companies on their responsibilities and liabilities;
- Advocacy in court on behalf of the management of the insolvent companies;
- Advice to companies in dealing with distressed debt;
- Advice in dealing with the orderly wind-downs of non-core businesses and dormant companies through voluntary liquidations.
All expertise is based on hands-on experience working as lawyers and insolvency practitioners in numerous corporate recovery assignments and industry sectors, and on projects involving international locations.
For corporate clients, it also performs all of the functions generally performed by an in-house general legal department. On a daily basis, it provides advocacy in court in commercial and insolvency litigations or assistance in dealing with their dispute resolution issues. It handles inquiries that range from contract negotiations (loan contracts, financing contracts, lease or commercial contracts, asset deal or share deal) to employment issues, from mergers and acquisitions to real estate and everything in between.
It also assists clients in establishing and organizing new business and financing structures and offer practical legal and business advice to start-up and developing companies in various business sectors, including new information technology.
While its service is flexible in response to the business and professional needs, it also rivals those of the largest law firms in quality and cost efficiency. It is able to provide the clients with a moderate cost structure that makes legal services not only an essential part of their budgets, but a practical one as well.